This is a tested and recommended basmati fried rice recipe from 9jafoodie. Try it out and let us know how it goes.
4 tablespoons vegetable oil (divided)
2 cubes maggi
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon curry powder (divided)
1 teaspoon thyme powder (divided)
2 cups mixed vegetables (Carrot, peas, cabbage, sweetcorn)
¼ cup chopped spring onion (optional)
1 ½ cups precooked shrimps or chicken (optional)
½ teaspoons crushed red pepper
3 cups basmati rice (washed) (Preferably extra fancy long grain )
- Place a large pot (with a good fitting lid) on medium heat; add 1 part each of oil, curry, thyme, 1 cube maggi, and 1 teaspoon of salt. Stir
- Add in 3 cups water. Cover the pot, increase heat to high and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to minimum (the lowest setting on your cooker), add in the rice and stir. Cover the pot tightly (I cover my pot with foil paper usually and then add on the lid) leave the rice to cook for 25 minutes. Set aside to cool
- Place another large pot on medium heat, add in the left over oil and heat slightly.Add all left over ingredients and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in the precooked rice, meat (if using) and 3 tablespoons water, combine. Taste and adjust for seasoning as needed. Simmer for another 3 minutes
Serve and Enjoy!
Culled from 9jafoodie.com
Can someone tell me what is wrong with this food?
It was served in a hospital…look closely and drop your comments!
Image credit: Becuo
Wives, notice just got to me that you are in the habit of denying your husbands food or sex when you quarrel.
PLEASE FOR GOD’S SAKE, STOP THAT BEHAVIOUR!!
There are other mature ways of airing your opinion or thoughts rather than deny him sex and food!
If you continue this behaviour, you just have to be emotionally ready to bear the consequences. Some men are not good at complaining but are good at acting out their thoughts by finding a place where ‘Sarah’ serves good food and provides good sex. I do not wish any ‘Sarah’ in your homes in Jesus name. Amen.
Always remember that it is in our culture for men to have more than 1 wife but can you marry more than 1 husband?…No, I didn’t think so.
So, please, if there is a quarrel, COMMUNICATION is the key.
Image credit: Treat
And in this particular order:
I made it bold so that women who are visually challenged can see it!! That is what a man like your husband told me today in my office.
The problem I have with this list is that
- When you give them the food, they never say “Thank you” or at least praise the ‘deliciousness’ of the food!
- As for this number 2, shouldn’t it be consensual. Before you enter the place, ensure that your wife is in a sexual mood.
- Communication, if I remember correctly, is 2 way. If you the aggrieved party cannot open your mouth and complain, how do you expect the wife to know so that she can set the communication process rolling.
Image credit: Utterly Engaged