Source: Mayo Globe
Now this is my own letter to me. I try as best as I can to solve people’s marital problems…now, it’s time to solve mine.
I need an urgent answer to this problem lest I lose my mind.
My hubby of almost 12 years still has issues deciphering what he wants for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Gone are the days when I used to enjoy food and therefore indulge him in assorted meals. Since I started my weight loss journey over a year ago ( no matter how inconsistent), I hate food and which my dear hubby is quite aware of.
Bottom line is, every time I call him well ahead of time to tell me what he wants, he repeatedly asks the same damn question “What do you have in mind?”… For Christ’s sakes…I have nothing in mind, you tell me! P.S. I HATE FOOD! DUH?!
Some days, he tries to be good and tells me to prepare anything. Easy, right?! Wrong! This same hubby will still come home and still turn his nose up at what has been prepared! *Exasperating*
So, NHW, how do I know what he wants?
Dear me, HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHAT HE WANTS IF HE DOESN’T KNOW HIMSELF!
One day, I might just serve him snakes and toad eyes…as our youngest daughter suggests!
Help, anybody… Somebody?!
…and yet they will still say one is lazy! My happiness is that there is a living God!
This is what my hubby had for dinner. I decided to share with you guys, so as to bear me witness that I do go out of my way to make ‘them’ healthy. Hubby complains that I don’t feed him well…
So over to you guys…does the food look ‘marasmic’?!
Oh goodness me…una no wan hear the gist behind this food…ROTFL!!
I bet none of you ladies can make this sumptuous meal!
It’s okay…no need to explain. I understand.
There is enough for everyone!
Image credit: Not just diets
Before I go on to what I want to say, I need to let you know that there is NO SUCH THING AS A DIABETIC DIET! The diabetic diet is as far as I am concerned a HEALTHY DIET.
A lot of you out there might be living with Diabetes mellitus or you know someone who does. It can be a big deal getting the right meal to keep the blood sugar low.
I hope you find the 7 Day Diet Plan useful:
- Breakfast – 1 cup of Skimmed Milk, 1 cup of bran flakes (different brands sold in the supermarket) and 1 medium sized banana (Yoruba ones preferrably)
- Lunch – 100gm of boiled brown/white rice with vegetable sauce and grilled fish, 1 small sized apple
- Dinner – A bowl of salad (cabbage, lettuce, sliced tomatoes) +/- a dash of salad cream
- Breakfast – 2 to 4 slices of whole wheat bread, 1 cup of skimmed milk +/- 50gm of grapes
- Lunch – 100gm of beans porridge and a small bowl of ‘Pap’
- Dinner – 5 pieces of medium sized Garden eggs and 1 cup of skimmed milk (optional)
- Breakfast – 1/2 cup of cooked white oatmeal, 50 gms of dried fruits, 1 cup of skimmed milk
- Lunch – 100gm of fried rice, grilled skinned chicken, drinking water
- Dinner – 1 wrap of moi moi or Agidi/Eko with Fish stew.
- Breakfast – 100gm of boiled spaghetti and grilled fish sauce,
- Lunch – 1 ‘fist’ size of wheat with vegetable soup, 1 apple
- Dinner – 1/2 cucumber and 1 cup of skimmed milk
- Breakfast – 2 slices of wheat bread with 1 medium sized scrambled egg, 1 cup of grapefruit or skimmed milk
- Lunch – 2 small wraps of ‘Amala’ with Ewedu soup or any other
- Dinner – Boiled plantain(unripe or not too ripe) with vegetable sauce
- Breakfast – 100gm of boiled Irish potatoes with vegetables and grilled fish
- Lunch – 100gm of jollof rice with skinned chicken, small bowl of mixed fruit
- Dinner – a hot bowl of white oats and 1 apple
- Breakfast – 1 bowl of cereal, mixed fruits
- Lunch – 1 ‘fist’- size of wheat with vegetable soup
- Dinner – vegetable salad and 1 cup of skimmed milk
This is basically a 1,200 Kcal diet for those who are practically on a diet and who may be diabetic. If you know that your job is more or less sedentary, stick to this size, but if you have a pretty active life, you can step it up a bit to 1,400Kcal, 1,600Kcal or 1,800Kcal.
Please, do try as much as possible not to miss a meal ( do 3 square meals daily) and don’t fill your plates! Avoid junk food like meatpies, sausages, fizzy drinks, sweets, icecream, ‘puff-puff’, and so on.
Don’t forget to Exercise!!