I’m sure you guys have been hearing the words ‘Clean Eating’ and are probably what we are talking about?!Clean Eating is all about eating real food, unprocessed food.
Even though I’ve always been a ‘junkie’, the road to good health is and always will be ‘Clean Eating’. All these diseases, cancer, stroke, arthritis, even our health, weight, energy level, mood and sleep patterns are directly influenced by the type of food we eat.
So the rules of Clean Eating are basically :
1. Eating less processed foods like chips, canned foods, cake, etc.
2. Eating mostly plants and plant-based foods.
3. Eating animals that are majorly herbivorous.
Now is the time to stop burdening your body with foods that don’t have value. You’ll definitely live a longer and healthier life if you start eating real foods. Trust me… You’ll be kissing cancer and other diseases good bye!
These are the steps I took to start Eating Clean and you are allowed to copy:
1. I made up my mind to stop taking refined sugar. I replaced refined sugar with honey.
2. I ensure I have a healthy breakfast before I leave the house. This prevents me from craving for all sorts of things.
3. I don’t store processed foods in my house, not even a soft drink.
4. I try to plan my meals ahead of time.
5. I choose to cook rather than eat out.
It’s not easy o, especially with a busy schedule, kids and all, but it’s achievable.
This is a tested and recommended basmati fried rice recipe from 9jafoodie. Try it out and let us know how it goes.
4 tablespoons vegetable oil (divided)
2 cubes maggi
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon curry powder (divided)
1 teaspoon thyme powder (divided)
2 cups mixed vegetables (Carrot, peas, cabbage, sweetcorn)
¼ cup chopped spring onion (optional)
1 ½ cups precooked shrimps or chicken (optional)
½ teaspoons crushed red pepper
3 cups basmati rice (washed) (Preferably extra fancy long grain )
- Place a large pot (with a good fitting lid) on medium heat; add 1 part each of oil, curry, thyme, 1 cube maggi, and 1 teaspoon of salt. Stir
- Add in 3 cups water. Cover the pot, increase heat to high and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to minimum (the lowest setting on your cooker), add in the rice and stir. Cover the pot tightly (I cover my pot with foil paper usually and then add on the lid) leave the rice to cook for 25 minutes. Set aside to cool
- Place another large pot on medium heat, add in the left over oil and heat slightly.Add all left over ingredients and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in the precooked rice, meat (if using) and 3 tablespoons water, combine. Taste and adjust for seasoning as needed. Simmer for another 3 minutes
Serve and Enjoy!
Culled from 9jafoodie.com
Hmmm… Yum yum!
There are soups and there are soups. And to think I knew every type of soup!
I stumbled on a friend who runs a catering service called ANNIE’S KITCHEN. Wowza! Her meals are totally out of this world. Sometimes I wonder how someone can dedicate her life time in a kitchen just COOKING! *Eyes rolling*
Today’s dish from ANNIE’S KITCHEN is called FISHERMAN’S SOUP. I just had to share this soup with you guys…hope you enjoy it in picture! *hehehe*
The ingredients used are as follows :
– Okro, freshfish,stockfish,shrimps,periwrinkle,peppersoup spices and spices
You can place your order and get it delivered anywhere you are in Lagos by calling 0808 799 6016.
Better still, you can actually pay a visit to ANNIE’S KITCHEN at 3rd Avenue, C close, H16, Festac Town, Lago
Oh my!…I couldn’t help but share this fantastic recipe for preparing the Cucumber Salad.
I don’t know about you O! But I always wondered if there were other ways I could enjoy cucumber apart from the regular way of just slicing and eating raw…all in the name of weightloss! *this weight loss palaver has really insulted me!*
2 cucumbers, very thinly sliced1 red onion, very thinly sliced2 tablespoons vinegar or 2 tablespoons lemon juice2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream or 2 tablespoons yogurtSalt and pepper, to taste (I like a lot of pepper)1/2 teaspoon sugar1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
Mix cucumbers and onions together.
Mix rest of ingredients together in a closed bowl and give a shake.
Add to cucumbers, chill till very cold & serve.
*See how easy it is to prepare?! *
Or you could try this recipe by Italianinthemidwest.com
1 large cucumber
1/2 red onion
1/4 cup white vinegar
1/2 tbsp sugar
1 pinch salt
Slice the cucumber and the onion as thinly as possible.
Add the vinegar, the sugar, the salt and the chive and mix well.
Let rest for 30 minutes or more in the fridge and serve.
- 2 mangos – peeled, seeded, and sliced
- 2 bananas
- 2 cups vanilla yogurt
- 2 cups milk
Preparation time 10 minutes
- Blend the mangos, bananas, vanilla yoghurt and milk in the blender until really smooth.
You can also blend ice-cubes with your ingredients if you want it frozen!
This recipe provides 8 servings.