I’ve always wondered about the mystery behind contouring and highlighting the face, and at the same time, I’ve never stopped practicing the art of contouring and highlighting.
It’s funny how I buy certain products and keep, simply because I have absolutely no idea as to how to use them! All the same one day ‘na’ one day!
During my trial and error moments, I’ve come to realise that there are certain rules you need to consider before highlighting or contouring your face:
1. Know the shape of your face.
2. Get acquainted with your brushes. There are different types for different purposes.
3. Own a good contour kit. In it, you have your highlighters.
Finally, practice, practice, practice! I must say that I’m proud of myself (though I’m still learning) when I think of where I’m coming from and for someone who has never been to a make-up school!
The end result of all these – The Glow. That glow every woman desires.
*Are you guys expecting me to put my real face?! Forgive me please, I’m really a shy person and besides I’m not sure if you can handle my fine face!
Sometimes, you are just not in the mood to wear makeup. But the problem with not wearing makeup at all is that people are going to think you are ill…and you don’t want people thinking that.
Don’t worry peeps, your problems are solved. You can pull off a fresh and flawless look with simply using nude colours – nude eyeshadow, nude lipstick or lip gloss, and finish off with a nude blush. Life can be that simple.
1. Start with applying Concealer (to conceal all those blemishes you hate so much).
2. Then use Total Coverage Foundation. I prefer this…gives me the flawless finish I need. You could finish off with foundation powder if you like.
3. Use Nude or Natural eye colours (eyeshadow).
4. Use nude lip gloss or lipstick.
5. Apply natural coloured blush, especially one really close to your skin colour.
Don’t forget to do your brows!
I hope this helped?!
Now my friends, you can quit asking me about how to add some ‘drama’ to the eyes. I’ve tried to add a video that will teach you how to draw a winged eyeliner…very easy steps to follow.
You can actually wear this look everyday. What I absolutely love about it is the drama that comes with it. Just for a moment,you feel so Indian or Chinese! *Hehehe*
Now, time for your tutorial…
Recently, I just discovered that Baby Wipes can do more than what it’s meant for. Until now, I would invest in a lot of facial wipes, that don’t even add any extra value apart from wiping make-up.
One time, when I ran out of facial wipes and I so desperately needed to clean that face, I simply decided to use my niece’s aloe-vera baby wipes…the difference was massive. It not only wiped the make up, it left my skin squeaky clean and supple.
So here are other advantages of the baby wipes:
- When you are too tired or lazy to have a bath, do a total body cleaning with the wipes…just like a baby! (I must warn you, you will require a lot of it).
- It’s helpful in cleaning surfaces of your phone, laptop, ipad or even your sunglasses.
- It can also be used as a pre-date body refresher!
The good thing about these wipes, is that they come in refill packs, that easily fit into your regular handbag.