Mothers, you need to be alert now, the weather is not so friendly, especially for those living in Lagos, Nigeria. The worst thing any mother would want to experience now, is a sick child, more so, one with a bad cough!
So, first things first, you don’t want a ‘coughing’ child, then try and do the following (if you know any more that can help you, then do):
- Keep your child warm, especially the ones that easily catch a cold.
- Keep your kids away from kids with cough and catarrh. Be nice about how you do it, but keep them away.
- Don’t take your child to the creche or school if he has a cold or cough. Some mothers are just so ignorant or choose to be!
- Make the room and bedding dust-free.
- Teach your kid who has the cough how to prevent others from ‘catching’ it.
- Increase their fruit and vegetables intake…biscuit and sweets can never help them! Once their immunity is high, it’s usually difficult for a child to fall ill just like that.
If after doing all these and your kid comes down with cough and maybe catarrh, then you can start a home remedy. But if you notice that it’s getting worse, don’t wait for me or anyone else to beg you to take your child to the hospital!
SIGNS THAT TELL YOU THAT THE COUGH IS REALLY BAD:
- Worsening cough that disturbs sleep and normal activity.
- Chest pain
- Difficulty in breathing
A SIMPLE COUGH CAN KILL…besides, all these tips apply to adults too!