I’ve always hated monotonous cooking in my life. I would rather starve than see myself cook and eat the same thing over and over again. Granted, we don’t have too many staple foods to work with, but somehow I get around it.
Today I decided to go semi-Thai. *Hehehe*. Yeah, I cooked a meal that I’m not even sure what to call it. But at the end of the day, my family loved it… Yeah, that’s right, they completely wiped their plates clean!
My ingredients are:
– Basmati long – grain rice
– chopped/diced fresh tomatoes and pepper
– chopped onions
– marinated shrimps
How To Make The Shrimp Sauce:
- Heat the wok
- Add olive oil and let it heat up a bit
- Add the chopped onions, followed by the chopped tomatoes and pepper
- Add the marinated shrimps and allow to simmer a bit
- Add spices of your choice and allow to cook a bit.
- finally add the already steamed turkey or chicken to the sauce. Allow to simmer for about 2 to 5 minutes.
Food is ready to be served with a glass of cold juice.
*If you are lucky and don’t have a very ‘Nigerian’ husband such as mine, then a simple Bread served with Omelette and bacon will do for breakfast!*