When I say ‘poop’, you know what I mean already…as in ‘shit’ (sorry for being so crude).
A lot of people just use the toilet without making an attempt to see what they passed out, that is so wrong. You are the owner, there’s nothing to be disgusted with. Therefore, you must make an effort to look at what you passed out…those few moments of looking could save your life.
REASONS WHY PEOPLE HAVE ISSUES WITH THEIR BOWEL
- Genes – which of course are inherited. You could have inherited bad bowels from your parents.
- Dehydration – not drinking enough water.
- Poor eating habits – eating meals comprising of only starch, without including fruits, fibre and veggies.
- Drugs – some medications like iron tablets can cause issues.
- Health conditions – some serious health issues can cause problems.
5 SIGNS OF BOWEL PROBLEM
- Bloody stool.
- Change in stool consistency – today diarrhoea, tomorrow constipation.
- Change in stool color – colors like green, white, red or black.
- Persistent and or continuous diarrhoea.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO KEEP YOUR BOWEL HEALTHY…AND STOOL
- Eat more of unprocessed food or natural food.
- Drink lots of water, at least 8 cups or glasses a day.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables.
- Eat lots of fibre-rich food like wheat-based cereals, etc
- Exercise as often as possible. It keeps the bowel ‘moving’ and healthy.
- If you are on prescribed medication, find out from the doctor the expected side effects.
- If there’s a history of bowel cancer in your family, make sure you get screened.
- Make sure you don’t flush without examining what you passed out.