While some people are ushering the new year with good health, deliverance from sickness, and get promotion letters, some are just not lucky. For sure, people died from accidents or lost money and property. Our prayer is that, may we never fall into the category of people who will mourn or sorrow for many years to come God-willing.
Unfortunately, such was not the case in Akari street in the Mile 12 area of Lagos on New Year’s Day, where fire engulfed a one-storey building around 5am.
The fire started when one ‘winch’ female tenant lit a candle and forgot to put it off before sleeping. When the smoke became too much, the woman didn’t raise any alarm, she just quietly carried her baby and ran away.
Meanwhile, the landlord said that this same woman had been given ‘quit notice’ for unreasonable behaviours.
Culled from PUNCH
*Now the question is, “Did this tenant cause the fire out of spite or it was just mere accident?” Peeps, this matter is highly spiritual and it’s only God that can answer it. In the meantime, for those of you whose husbands have built houses for rent, our prayer is that no tenant with ‘bad leg’ or evil intention will rent the house. Amen.*