When I say ‘Ex’, I mean your ex- wife or husband, ex-boyfriend or girlfriend.
While you are reading this, I need you to put all sentiments aside like “I’ve known him/her forever”, “He/she was my first and only boy/girlfriend”, “He is the father of my children”, “She’s the mother of my kids”, “Where will I start from?”…these are mere sentiments! And for you to really achieve that level of happiness you so desire, you need to be serious and start laying the cards on the table.
The fact that you broke up with whoever shows that there was and is a problem that can or cannot be resolved. Now he or she is begging to come back and you dare to consider it without addressing the issues on ground.
For the few minutes you’ll be reading this, I need for you not to ask for anybody’s opinion, not even your pastor or your best family members. The only person’s opinion that counts is God, if only you would allow Him to speak to you.
I tried to help with questions you should ask yourself before agreeing to take him or her back:
1. Why did you break up in the first place? Highlight the reasons, not in your head but on a piece of paper.
2. Is the problem resolvable? Is it an issue that can be harmoniously addressed between you two without involving a third party?
3. Did you both really talk about the issue before breaking up? As in, did you critically analyze the problem and possible solution on both angles? I think everyone need a fair hearing.
4. What effects does the problem have on you? Does the problem leave you physically, emotionally, and spiritually drained, and you really do not want to go back to that ‘bad’ place again?
5. Do you honestly feel the same way for him or her? Like I said, don’t take your ex- back based on sentiments, trust me, you’ll hate yourselves! …because that cup will surely be full again!
For you to be truly happy, you need to be SELFISH! This selfishness doesn’t necessarily mean hurting people you love, instead, it means your firm resolve to make your happiness a PRIORITY.
THINK LONG AND HARD BEFORE YOU AGREE TO TAKE HIM OR HER BACK!