Yes I did! I just had too. She’s been with me for close to 2 and a half years, but I just had to let her go. For now, it seems like a very good decision to me.
As much as I will miss her, her cup was already full to the brim. When she first started the job, she would resume pretty early, do her job over-properly and leave at the appropriate time. I swear I thought she was God sent! I totally forgot she was only human.
A year after, little did I know she had studied me and concluded that I was not a wicked person (I really need to learn how to be
evil wicked!) and so the sloppiness at work started.
- Late resumption at work
- Sleeping excessively on the job + over eating and not doing the job (My kids actually film her while she snores)
- Leaves for her home really early (My ‘spy’ kids record the time she resumes and the time she leaves…I did not send them)
- Graduation from small pilfering to mega pilfering of anything you can think of.
- She got another job while working for me but will return before I get back.
- Started taking too many unauthorised off-duties and would still expect to be paid even when I threaten her
- She started cooking other people’s meals, as well as hers in my kitchen with my ingredients (everyone knows how much I hate shopping!)
- She looked tired…I dunno, maybe bored…and so I decided to end her misery!
I have decided that the next housekeeper I get, will have to sign a contract to work for a particular period of time. It’s not healthy keeping them for ‘donkey’ years #SeeFinishSyndrome
So, my darling blog readers, only time will tell if this was a bad decision. For now, it feels really good.