I really feel like an Octopus.
Being a woman isn’t easy, how much more being a wife and or a mother. I just got home now and I feel totally exhausted and according to a friend, “It’s a Thankless job!” If things go wrong, you get blamed and if things really go well, you are still not recognised!
I used to think I had an idea of what my typical day was, but I just realised that my day keeps changing! I can never tell what might need my attention the next minute.
- wakey wakey time for me is 4:00am
- Get the kids’ stuff ready for school
- Breakfast is organised
- Get the children up (this is a major hurdle)
- Rushing them to take a bath and have breakfast immediately
- Blog in between (in between cooking, shouting, etc)
- Settle ‘Oga’…serve him breakfast in bed while he watches CNN!! #KintaKunteTimes #RootDays
- Get myself ready for work (Yeah! I have a paid job! Duh?!)
- Drop the kids off at school
- Get myself to work
- Meet my ‘annoying’ early-bird clients waiting in front of my consulting room! (I wish they could at least let me catch my breath!)
- See more clients and do some administrative work (while I’m staring at the clock for my ‘take-off time. Can’t wait!)
- 2:00pm finally here. I check that the coast is clear…and I ‘zoom’ out of my office. Scary if a client catches you…more delays! *Pheww!*
- Get home to take my annoying ‘work’ clothes (they have a way of causing tension in my life!) and change into my regular jeans and shirt (I just love this combo…wish I could wear them to work)
- Time to pick the Rug-rats…another hurdle! When you find one child, you lose the other, they just never stay in one place. Finally they are together.
- Off to pick the older one in secondary school…another journey
- I pick him and so I set off to the market to get fresh stuff…Did I ever mention how much I hate going to the market?!
- You get home, and insist that every one does their homework!
- Meanwhile, NO TEEVEE!
- I shout again for them to take a bath! ( very necessary)
- Thank God for the housekeeper who has lunch ready…that would have been another stressful ‘journey’
- That soup must be cooked…by you and no one else. (Sometimes, I think they love it when the wife’s sweat is mixed with the cooking!)
- Dinner must be served…hungry kids waiting. And husband…much later (very considerate right?!)
- Blog plus snooze in between!
Tired is an understatement! Now can someone please point out a free time when I can call an ‘aggrieved’ friend, who has accused me of all sorts?! You can’t particularly expect me to slot a time when I can generally day-dream about you! If you miss me that much…reach out to me! Use any media…phonecall, instant text messaging, facebook, twitter, etc.